The Ministry of Public Works considers rehabilitation any work that is done to improve housing and buildings . In the case of buildings, it refers to the structural adequacy (works that guarantee safety in the structure) and functional (access conditions, thermal insulation, water networks …) of residential buildings.
If the works are to be carried out in a dwelling, the rehabilitation refers to the adequacy of the living conditions of the dwelling, such as achieving minimum surface conditions, interior distribution, water, electricity, gas, ventilation, lighting natural Also works to save energy consumption or adaptation to current regulations on water, gas, electricity or fire protection.
Only 5% of the people who have reformed their house have asked for a subsidy Last week a survey of Fotocasa explained that only 5% of the people who have reformed their house have applied for a subsidy of which it grants Development in concept of subsidies for the rehabilitation of housing.
The truth is that many people are unaware of the existence of these aids . You can receive a rehabilitation aid for all users of homes, whether they are owners or tenants and the communities of owners. It is good, as Fotocasa has done, to remember the requirements that recipients of aid must meet:
- The general conditions to access qualified financing.
- Rehabilitation of buildings, that at least 60% of the users of the houses have family incomes less than 5.5 times the SMI.
- Rehabilitation of housing, that the family income does not exceed 3.5 times the SMI.
In turn, buildings and homes must meet their own requirements:
- Minimum age of 15 years (except removal of architectural barriers for people with disabilities).
- That the buildings are structurally and functionally adequate or that they achieve this adequacy with the rehabilitation that is going to be carried out.
- That the useful surface allocated to housing is at least 60% of the total usable area of the building.
- If the useful area destined for housing is modified , it should never exceed 120 m2.
Type of aid for rehabilitation
- You can reach the entire protected budget.
- Maximum amortization period for the rehabilitation of buildings: 20 years, with a grace period of 3 years.
- Maximum repayment period for housing rehabilitation: 10 years, with a grace period of 1 year.
In the case of building rehabilitation , all home users may have access to qualified loans, even if they do not meet the family income requirements.
Subsidization of loans
20% of the loan installment, when the owner of the loan is the tenant or the owner of one or several houses in the rehabilitated building and their family income does not exceed 5.5 times the SMI . This income limit will not be required when the owner of the loan is the owner of one or more leased homes, with a contract subject to compulsory extension and concluded before the LAU enters into force.
To rehabilitate housing:
- Subsidy of 25% of the protected budget, with a maximum of 2,480 euros.
- If you are over 65, the subsidy will be 35%, with a maximum of 3,100 euros.
- For lessors subject to compulsory extension: subsidy of 35%, with a maximum of 3,410 euros.
- 3,720 euros: For lessors subject to forced extension.
- 1,240 euros: General
- 3.100 euros: Revenue below 3.5 SMI
- 3,410 euros: If they are also over 65 years old
- 3,720 euros: For lessors subject to forced extension